Lonely Moose Designs

Life of an Interior Design Student........

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

And another thing......... (continues on my rant from above)

Right after I wrote my last ranting post, I had this happen to me and I have to share it.....

So, I'm talking to a friend about school (well, this person DID ask) and this person said that it was "no surprise" that I was doing so well. And I thought...."what the &*$&#&$????????"

It occured to me that my friends and family might think that my artistic talent is really good and they probably think that it is easy for me to take that talent and do well in school. What they don't realize is that everyone I go to school with is just as talented (sometimes more) than me. When I go to school, I am AVERAGE. It is a struggle to keep the competive edge, to stay fresh and to come out on top of all that.

This is another factor that makes design school difficult.

Not that I'm complaining...I live for this. I'm fortunate enough to have a place to go and study where I am the norm and there are others that think like me. I just wish the people that I am closest to would understand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home