Lonely Moose Designs

Life of an Interior Design Student........

Saturday, July 08, 2006

What do you mean MY BREAK IS OVER?????

I meant to post here during the spring quarter. As you can see, that didn't happen. This was the WORST quarter I have ever had...mostly for personal reasons, but the work load has increased... A LOT!!!

End result: All A's.

The three weeks of break have evaporated. WHERE DID MY TIME GO?? Let's see, I went to the Blues Traveler concert at Red Rocks on July 4. My parents came for a visit. Other than that, I can't remember a whole lot.

School starts on Monday. The line-up for the summer is :
1) Independant study (which will be research on converting and restoring barns)
2) Codes & Barrier Free Design (YUCK)
3) Textiles & Finishes
4) Digital Presentation

I will not be a teaching assistant this quarter. Mainly because there was not a class in need that fit into my schedule. The teacher that I worked for the past 2 quarters has left school to work at an architectural firm. I was hoping that he would stay on until next year and help see me through my grad process. Ugh.

I was also elected as Secretary for our student ASID chapter. This shouldn't take up too much of my time. My only problem now is that I sold my old laptop and need a new one to take notes on. Wish I would have thought of that before I sold it!

Pictures that I am posting are jpgs that were created in SketchUp. I completed my Hospitality Design and my Advanced Residential Design classes using SketchUp. It's pretty easy to use. For anyone that wants to try, there is a FREE version of it available through Google (they just bought this local colorado company). It's fun to use and there are lots of free objects available online to use in your projects.

Happy Summer to all!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home